SCI - Tax credit for rent waivers - declarative instructions
Article 20 of the 2021 Finance Act introduced a tax credit scheme for lessors who grant certain lessee companies waivers and relinquishments of rent due in respect of November 2020. The administration has provided clarification on the reporting obligations of companies that benefit from this tax credit.
Find out about the new tax credit declaration procedures for lessors when it is a SCI that benefits from it.
Top tip: The administration has completed its FAQ available on the impots.gouv.fr website.
See the FAQ
New terms and conditions
- Where the SCI is subject to corporation tax, the amount of the tax credit must be declared on form no. 2069-RCI-SD and reported on the IS statement of balance no. 2572-SD
- When the SCI is not subject to corporation tax, it is exempt from filing the n°2069-RCI-SD return. It must indicate in the income tax return n°2072, for each partner, the share of abandoned rent entitling to the tax credit.At the level of the partners, who are taxed according to their share in the company, it follows that:
- partners who declare their share as property income must indicate in box 7 LS of the n°2042-RICI return the amount of abandoned rent eligible for the tax credit. The tax credit will be calculated automatically when the income tax is settled;
- partners who declare their share in the BIC, BNC or BA category must calculate the amount of the tax credit on their n°2069-RCI-SD return. The tax credit will be entered in box 8 LA of the n°2042-C-PRO return;
- partners who declare their share as corporate income tax also calculate the amount of the tax credit on their n°2069-RCI-SD return. The tax credit will be reported on the IS statement of balance n°2572-SD.
Finally, the administration specifies the particular situation of variable-capital real estate investment companies (Sppicav), which benefit directly from the tax credit without distribution among partners. For these companies, the amount of the tax credit is declared on form 2069-RCI-SD. It should be noted that the clarification that Sppicavs do not have to indicate the share of rents foregone for each partner in the 2072 return is irrelevant insofar as these companies are not concerned by this return.
Our experts are constantly monitoring regulatory changes providing support to businesses. Our articles are updated by midday on the basis of press releases and the publication of decrees by official bodies, which are deciphered by our experts. There may sometimes be a couple of hours delay between the official texts and our publication, the purpose of which is to provide you with preliminary answers to your questions.