Role at BDO
Roger-Pierre co-directs the Lyon office and is responsible for the development of its audit activities.
Roger-Pierre has 30 years of audit and advisory experience. He holds a DEC (Diplôme d’expertise comptable) and has extensive experience in statutory audit, internal control, and accounting and financial systems.
He has an excellent understanding of economics and is highly skilled in the following areas:
- Contractual and statutory audits, acquisition audits, etc.
- Consolidation audits under French GAAP and IFRS
- Management control and review of internal control procedures.
Roger-Pierre gained his early professional experience working for international audit and advisory firms Deloitte and PW. After these first few years, he spent the majority of his career as a founding and managing partner of several accounting/audit firms in France and Luxembourg. He became a BDO Partner in October 2016.
Study and dissertation: The establishment of annual financial statements for production companies of consolidated real estate development groups.
- Of French groups: ISERBA (building maintenance), MTB Group (Recycling), Arioste (real estate in the industrial/services sector)…
- Of non-market sector entities: Trade union (Fédération Générale Force Ouvrière Construction), political parties (Lyon divers droite, Demain en commun,…), and local and national associations (Rêves, Espace Pandora,…)…
- Of French subsidiaries of international groups: Mathys Orthopedics, Wisekey, Spear and Jackson,….
Special audit engagements: notably for the Fondation OVE, as part of a merger or partial contribution of assets.
Acquisition audits: notably as part of the external growth strategy of a construction-related group.
Public interest engagements: Financial diagnosis to foresee difficulties of small and medium-sized businesses (Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Dirrecte), accounting assessment engagements for a group of degraded social housing properties.
Areas of Expertise
- Reorganizations and special audit engagements (Contribution, mergers, asset transfers,…)
- Transaction services
- Financial diagnosis
- Non-market sector